Ferrousity’s CEO, Bill Penn has worked several feasibility studies involving brwonfield and greenfield developments.
The following case studies show typical examples of assignments undertaken.
- Working with several major integrated steel producers in the Former Soviet Union to phase out their ingot casting to improve yield by an installation of continuous casting.
- Working with a major Former Soviet Union steel producer to develop a strategy for producing pipe plate and single longitudinally welded large diameter pipes. This included the development of an existing brownfield plate mill and development of a new state of the art large diameter pipe mill.
- Working with a Pakistan rolling mill to develop its existing range of rolled long products. Phase 2 of this project involved the development of an induction furnace and billet casting plant.
- Working with Middle East clients on the development of several rolling mill projects.
- Working with a South American integrated steel producer to develop its plant and product mix